Article may contain Amazon & affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
This bacon wrapped asparagus recipe is a super easy, yet totally elegant and impressive, side dish! Packed with flavor and just a bit crunchy you can be sure this baked bacon wrapped asparagus is going to become a staple recipe in your home!
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus recipe
Can we just agree that bacon makes everything instantly better? If you are dealing with a picky eater, wrapping or topping something with bacon is the best way to introduce them to new flavors and textures. And this bacon wrapped asparagus recipe is a great way to start!
Wrapping something in bacon is also a great way to elevate a traditional and boring dish and make it fancy (and way more flavorful). These bacon wrapped asparagus are proof of that. Not only everyone, even the pickiest of eaters, will totally love them and ask for seconds, but they are also a polished way to serve asparagus.
You can make small bundles, like the ones I did, bigger bundles with more asparagus and a bit less bacon, or even single wrapping each asparagus. Whichever option you pick, you can be sure your roasted asparagus with bacon are going to be amazing!
Want more appetizer ideas?
- Bacon wrapped smokies
- Cranberry brie pull apart bread
- Baked Parmesan potato stacks
- Stuffed mini peppers
- Fried cheesy pickle rolls
- Egg plant onion dip
So to recap, what makes bacon-wrapped asparagus so amazing:
- They literally count as a serving of vegetables
- are quick and easy to make
- Incredibly flavorful
- Total crowd favorite
I think few side dishes can be that great. The most important thing here is preparing your asparagus for baking or roasting by trimming the hard ends.
How to clean asparagus spears and how much do you cut out of an asparagus spear?
The secret to restaurant-quality baked asparagus is cleaning the spears before doing anything else. However, don’t panic! Cleaning them is super easy. Just rinse them with water and vinegar and then chop off the hard, woody ends.
Usually, chopping off around 1 inch from the end of the stalk is enough to make sure they are soft and buttery once baked.
How to make bacon wrapped asparagus?
After your asparagus are clean and ready, just season with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Wrap with bacon, brush with a light glaze of your choice (I made mine with honey, soy sauce, oregano, and onion powder) and then sprinkle with a generous amount of parmesan cheese. Bake and serve when they are hot and sizzling.
Baked asparagus with bacon
What do you need to make bacon wrapped asparagus?
To make these easy and delicious bacon wrapped asparagus you’ll need asparagus, olive oil, garlic powder, bacon strips, honey, soy sauce, oregano, onion powder and Parmesan.
How do you make baked asparagus with bacon?
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim the bottom ends of asparagus.
- In a bowl combine olive oil, half the garlic powder and salt and pepper. Toss the asparagus in the oil mix.
- Wrap a small bunch of asparagus with bacon. Place in a baking pan.
- In a small bowl combine honey, soy sauce, orenago, onion powder and the remaining garlic powder. Brush the asparagus with the glaze. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Take to the oven and bake until done.
Pin to save for later
Print the recipe
Bacon wrapped asparagus recipe
- 1 bunch asparagus around 15
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 7 to 8 bacon strips cut half lengthwise
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ Tsp oregano
- ¼ Tsp onion powder
- 3 Tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Trim the bottom ends of asparagus. In a bowl combine olive oil, half the garlic powder and salt and pepper. Toss the asparagus in the oil mix.
- Wrap a small bunch of asparagus -between 2 and 3 - with bacon. Place in a baking pan.
- In a small bowl combine honey, soy sauce, orenago, onion powder and the remaining garlic powder. Brush the asparagus with the glaze. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Take to the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until done.
Most popular recipes:
- French cream puffs
- Spiced herb roasted sweet potato wedges
- Buttermilk fried chicken
- 6 Ingredients taco soup