Article may contain Amazon & affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
These bacon wrapped smokies are the perfect appetizer for any party or get together you plan to host! This delicious bacon wrapped smokies recipe has the perfect balance of sweetness + spiciness + saltiness and is super easy to make!
Bacon wrapped smokies
Smokies are already pretty delicious on their own, they are salty, smoky (duh), and packed with a ton of spices and flavor. Honestly, very few things could make them better. Except for bacon and honey. Those 2 things really take this delicious bacon wrapped smokies recipe to the next level of appetizer heaven!
More appetizers you will love:
- Honey glazed bacon asparagus
- Cranberry brie pull apart bread
- Stuffed mini peppers with cheese, garlic & herbs
- Fried cheesy pickle rolls
- Spicy fried cheese balls
- Bacon pickle fries
- Bacon pea salad
Smokies are not only delicious and totally mouthwatering, but also easy to make. You don’t even need to know how to cook to be able to whip a batch of this little smokies appetizer in no time.
And you can also make them ahead of time, which is definitely the best thing one can hear when planning a party. Little smokies with bacon are a total crowd favorite so make a big batch because everyone will fall for them!
How to keep warm your bacon-wrapped smokies?
If you decide to make them ahead of time, you are probably wondering how you can keep them warm.
What I usually do is that I assembly everything, brush them with the honey glaze and leave them ready to bake. Then, once it’s party time and take them to the oven and roast them for the 25 minutes needed.
I found that freshly baked smokies are really tastier than any other thing you ever had. However, if you want to also bake them beforehand (or have some leftovers), brush them with a bit more glaze and pop them in the oven for around 10 minutes or until they are warm to the touch.
Which brings me to the honey glaze.
How to make a spicy honey glaze
If you are looking for a glaze to make for the rest of your life, this spicy honey one is exactly what you need. It’s made with honey, paprika, garlic powder, a pinch of salt and a crack of pepper and it’s amazing.
You can use it for adding a layer of sweetness and spiciness to pretty much anything you are planning to roast or bake.
Bacon wrapped little smokies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small bowl combine honey with paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix until everything is well incorporated.
3. Slice bacon strips lengthwise into thirds.
4. Wrap each smoky with bacon and place in a baking pan.
5. Brush generously with honey glaze.
6. Take to the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until done.
7. Sprinkle a little bit more of sea salt on top
Pin to save for later
Print the recipe
Bacon wrapped smokies recipe
- 1 Package smokies
- ½ Pound bacon
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tsp paprika
- 1 Tsp garlic powder
- ½ Tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl combine honey with paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Slice bacon strips lengthwise into thirds.
- Wrap each smoky with bacon and place in a baking pan.
- Brush generously with honey glaze.
- Take to the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until done.
- Sprinkle a little bit more of sea salt on top