Have an amazing time with your kids when you make this binocular craft! So easy, affordable and quick to make, these children’s toy binoculars are enjoyable and educational and would make a great game idea for kids parties!
Kids Binocular Craft
If you’ve been following me for a while you know I love crafting with toilet paper rolls! (make sure you’re following my posts by subscribing here). This adorable binocular craft was the perfect project to put some of those rolls to a good use!
You’ll think I’m crazy (and you’re probably right! lol) but I have a dedicated shelf in my craft cabinet for toilet paper rolls. They’ll need to take up some more space as I collected so many in the last few months but never had enough time to use them. I do have a nice home decor project in mind, but time is not my friend! Until then, I’ll settle for smaller projects like these toilet roll binoculars.
This binocular craft is not only easy and oh, so cheap to make, but also a great opportunity to spend quality time with your kids and also teach them a little about nature. There is a free “I spy Spring” printable that you can download below and use when taking the kids outdoors to play with these paper binoculars. Go through all the items on the list and have them mark them off. It’ll be lots of fun, trust me!
- 2 toilet paper towel tubes
- Glue gun
- Clear tape
- Various spring colors of washi tape
- Plain white paper
- Color printer
- Pen, pencil, marker or crayon
- free printable available to download here.
- Take the two paper tubes and glue them together with a line of glue.
- Wrap the clear tape around the center of the tubes to help hold them together.
- Get out your washi tape and start wrapping it around the binoculars as a decoration.
- Start at one end and keep wrapping until you reach the other end.
- Print out the Free Printable Spring Checklist of things to see with the binoculars.
- Take your child outdoors (preferably on a walk) and have them use their binoculars to look for the items on the list. Have them mark off the items as they are found.