Article may contain Amazon & affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
This adorable bunny hair clip is fun, quick to make and great addition to a festive outfit! Hop on over and see how to make your own Easter hair bows in just a few easy steps!
You, guys! These cute hair clips are to die for! Insanely cute, my heart skips a beat every time I look at my bunny hair clip! And don’t even get me started on how fast these bunny hair bows are! And have I mentioned how perfect these are for your stash of scrap fabrics?
Need more scrap fabric projects?
- DIY knot headband
- Infinity scarf tutorial
- Bunny pillow
- Bunny banner with fabric scraps
- Heart fabric bookmarks
- Hello Kitty coin purse
- Bunny sleep mask
- Butterfly hair ties
- Singed flower hair pins
- Fabric covered buttons
I’ve been into accessories lately, mainly because spring is almost here and Ellie and I need to refresh our wardrobe a bit. And what better way to do it on a budget than going through your fabric scrap stash and whip up some adorable accessories? These bunny ears hair clips have been on the list for quite a while and thankfully, I finally found some free time to make them!
Initially I only planned on making these for Ellie, as Easter hair bows but I instantly became so smitten with Ellie’s bunny hair clip I couldn’t stop at just one. So now we have a couple for each of us! Not really matchy-matchy since I made them in four different fabrics but except for that aspect, they’re pretty much similar in every ways!
Most popular sewing projects:
Making one bunny hair clip took less than 10 minutes so this gorgeous bunny bow is a perfect idea for a last minute gift. Great Easter accessory but I would totally wear these any time of the year too, they’re just so irresistible, don’t you think? And call me crazy but I would even go a step forward and wear my bunny hair clip as brooch or a cute accessory for my bag. These cute hair clips put you in such a great mood!
The template for the bunny hair clip (ear and tie) are available to purchase here!
Bunny Hair Clip
- bunny hair clip templates
- a piece of fabric scraps for ears of about 14″ x 5″
- a piece of fabric for the tie in the middle, of about 10″ x 2″
- fabric pen
- matching thread
- craft wire
- hair clips (similar here)
- pressing iron
- blunt tool for pushing corners out
- hand needle
- glue gun (optional)
Prepare the fabric pieces
- Take the strip of fabric scrap for the ears, press it well and fold in on half, lengthwise, right sides together.
- Place the template over and trace around it
- Pin through both fabrics
- Cut out with your scissors.
Make the bow
- Sew with 1/4″ allowance, leaving a small gap in one of the sides to turn the ear right side out.
- Clip the tips and trim the seam in half.
- Turn fabrics right side out through the gap.
- Push the corners out with a blunt tool (or you can use this method).
- Smooth out the seams then iron press.
- Fill the ear with poly-fill through the gap.
- Cut a piece of wire double in size than the ear.
- Fold it in half and twist.
- Bend the ends with pliers to form a coil.
- Insert the wire inside the ear.
- Hand stitch the gap closed using a ladder stitch. Don’t worry if your stitch is not perfect, it will be hidden once the hair clip is attached to the bunny ear.
Make the tie
- Take the second template and place it on the tie fabric, trace around it then cut out.
- Fold the ends of the tie in lengthwise, slightly overlapping them then press well with your iron.
- Fold one of the ends in about 1/4″ and press well.
Assemble the bunny clip
- Take the raw end of the tie and sew it to where the gap used to be, the fold in the tie facing the gap.
- Wrap the tie around the ear tightly, two times, until the folded end reaches the raw edge.
- Hand stitch the folded end to the ear, without going through all the layers, just through the first and the second layer of the tie.
- Insert the hair clip under the tie or glue it to the ear.
- Fold the ear by pressing onto the wire inside.
- And you’re done! Your stunning bunny hair clip is ready for wearing!
I hope you liked this tutorial and you found these bunny bows as cute as I have! Let me know your thoughts in the comments below and please don’t forget to rate this tutorial! Thanks!
Pin to save for later