This amazing Philly cheesesteak grilled cheese is what sandwich dreams are made of! Melt-in-your-mouth, tender and moist steak meets hot sauce, onion, peppers and cheese to make the ultimate Philly cheese sandwich!
Philly Steak Sandwich Recipe
This Philly cheesesteak grilled cheese just became my most favorite sandwich ever! We make a lot of sandwiches around here and we’re pretty big fans of the grilled cheese sandwiches. We even have sandwiches as breakfast a evidenced here:
- OMELETTE SANDWICH WITH SUN DRIED TOMATOES, 3 CHEESES & GREEN ONIONS
- SPICY INDIAN OMELETTE SANDWICH RECIPE
- SPICY SANDWICH WITH CHEESE, HAM, CABBAGE AND LOVAGE
But as we just found out, nothing beats a mouthwatering, melt-in-your-mouth Philly cheesesteak grilled cheese! For my easy Philly cheese steak, I used flank steak that was already cooked. Leftovers work great too!
You can of course use uncooked/raw meat and just toss it in with the pepper and onion and cook until done. You can also use a thin sliced rib-eye or top round steak or go the super easy way and use ground beef. No matter your choice, this cheese steak sandwich recipe is sure to be a hit with everyone who tries it!
This recipe makes 2 sandwiches so feel free to adjust the ingredients as needed.
Philly Cheesesteak Grilled Cheese
- 4 slices bread
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/2 of a red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced steak
- dash hot sauce
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices provolone cheese
You will also need:
- non stick skillet
- bamboo spatula
- bamboo cutting board
- Butter one side of each piece of bread and set aside.
- Over medium heat, add oil, onion, pepper and beef in a small pan and cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Stir in hot sauce and season with salt and pepper
- Place 1 piece of bread, butter side down into a small frying pan. Add 1 slice of cheese and top with beef mixture. Add another slice of cheese and top with another piece of bread, butter side up. Heat over medium low heat, until both sides are grilled and cheese is melted.
- Repeat to make another sandwich.
- Slice before serving.