Incorporate this vegan tofu curry into your diet to help lower your blood pressure, lose weight and generally feel great about yourself! This yummy tofu coconut curry makes it so easy to eat healthy!
If you’re anything like me, I’m guessing you don’t really enjoy hearing about this tofu curry recipe! I get it! Tofu is not one of the most appealing foods while curry is not everyone’s cup of tea! Then you will be surprised to learn that this tofu coconut curry is probably the best vegan food I ever tasted!
Print the recipe
Pin to save for later
The original intention of this tofu vegetable curry was to offer you an easy and delicious vegan option for those days when you plan on going meatless. But I soon realized this tofu coconut curry is much more than just yummy food! Incorporating it in my diet for a while I noticed it helped keeping my weight on track while slightly lowering my blood pressure (which wasn’t that high in the first place but still, was a little over what I’m used to, since I’m no spring chicken anymore! lol).
I made this recipe on a weekly basis together with these healthy recipes and it had a great impact on my health, my figure and my overall well being:
- Italian egg drop soup
- Tomato chickpea pasta
- Yellow beans with garlic and dill
- Chicken chili with sweet potatoes and beans
- Lemon chicken orzo salad
- Lemon herb salmon with vegetable and couscous
- Roasted tomato basil soup
But even if you don’t have high blood pressure, you might benefit from trying a healthy diet and this delicious tofu coconut curry is super easy and quick to make! This simple coconut tofu is not only easy to make but nutritious and filling too although being so light you’re safe if you happen to overindulge! A great dinner idea for those crazy busy weeknights!
So if you’re planning on losing weight give this easy tofu curry a try rather than cutting foods out (like many diets do these days)!
Make the recipe now
Tofu Coconut Curry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package firm tofu, drained, blotted and diced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large cousa squash, halved and cut into slices (use zucchini if cousa squash is not available)
- 1 large red onion, cut in half and sliced (or cut julienne)
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed into a puree
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- juice from 1/2 a lime
- cooked brown rice
You will also need:
- non stick large skillet
- cutting board
- kitchen knife
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add diced tofu, 1 teaspoon curry powder, salt and pepper and fry on all sides turning each side after about 1 minute totally 4-5 minutes, until tofu is slightly brown.
- Transfer to a plate and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet.
- Add squash, red onion, garlic and saute until brown, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook brown rice as instructed on the package and keep aside.
- Add coconut milk, brown sugar and cooked tofu to the skillet and cook until half the juice has evaporated, about 3- minutes.
- Add lime juice and cook for an additional minute.
- Serve warm with brown rice.
More vegan recipes you might like:
- Vegan cabbage recipe
- Banana blondie with caramel sauce
- 5 minutes frozen fruit ice cream
- Watermelon coconut sorbet
- Vegetable cream soup