Dip your spoon into this chicken chili with sweet potatoes and enjoy the variety of wonderful flavors with every mouthful! Perfect weeknight dinner idea that comes together in no time!
Chicken Chili with sweet potatoes
I’ve been really into healthy food lately and my body and mind couldn’t thank me enough! Not only I lost a few pounds that I didn’t have have any use for (lol) but I have so much more energy and I feel a lot more motivated to go out and play with my little munchkin girl. And this wonderful chicken chili with sweet potatoes is one of the recipes I keep making every week as part of my new healthy lifestyle.
More soups you will love:
- Chicken vegetable and whole egg soup
- Chicken wings soup
- Turkey soup with roasted veggie
- Easy hamburger soup
- Enchilada soup recipe
- 30 Minutes chicken taco soup
My sweet potato chili is the perfect dinner idea not only for people looking to bring more healthy food into their diet but it’s a great idea for busy families too since it’s so quick and easy to prepare and cook. About 30 minutes from start to finish! This chicken chili with sweet potatoes is also a great recipe idea for chicken leftovers as it uses cooked chicken.
What I truly love about this sweet potato black bean chili uses is the sweet potatoes addition! I think it brings the perfect sweet balance to the spiciness of the chili powder and it truly enhances all the flavors. I would say it’s the key ingredient in this chicken chili with sweet potatoes recipe!
My sweet potato chili recipe also uses mixed beans which make this chicken chili with beans a filling, nutritious and satisfying meal! This sweet potato chili soup is easy, quick, frugal and tastes amazing with all those beautiful flavors! Definitely a winner in my cookbook!
Other sweet potato recipes:
- Rosemary sweet potato fries
- Mashed sweet potato casserole with hummus and black beans
- Left over turkey stuffed sweet potatoes
- Taco stuffed sweet potatoes
- Healthy baked garlic sweet potato fries
- Twice baked chicken and vegetable sweet potatoes
Healthy Chicken Chili
1. Heat the olive oil in a medium large non stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, sweet potato and bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are softened.
2. Sprinkle chili powder, caraway powder and oregano and continue cooking and stirring.
3. Add beans and chicken stock then bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
4. Stir in corn and cook for 1 minute.
5. Add chicken and cook 2 more minutes.
6. Remove from heat and stir in salt and pepper. Sprinkle fresh parsley. Optional – Serve topped with sour cream, avocado and/or pickled chili peppers.
What can I serve with chicken chili?
Everyone love cornbread and there’s nothing wrong with that! But these recipes are our most favorites for chili night!
- Pickled cucumbers
- Garlic bread chips
- Soft bread rolls
- Instant pot corn casserole
- Egg fried rice with vegetables
- Pizza baked potatoes
Print the recipe card
Chicken Chili With Sweet Potatoes And Black Beans
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large Spanish onion diced
- 4 large garlic cloves minced
- 3 cups sweet potatoes diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper diced
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground caraway
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 15 oz canned mixed beans or black beans
- 3 cups homemade chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups cooked chicken diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper optional
- fresh parsley to garnish
- sour cream, avocado, pickled chili peppers to serve optional
- Heat the olive oil in a medium large non stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, sweet potato and bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are slightly softened, 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle chili powder, caraway powder and oregano and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
- Add beans and chicken stock then bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Stir in corn and cook for 1 minute. Add chicken and cook 2 more minutes. Remove from heat and stir in salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley. Optional - Serve topped with sour cream, avocado and/or pickled chili peppers.
Pin to save for later