- cotton fabric 2 pieces of 4″ x 4″
- ribbon 4″
- fabric marker
- rice or crushed walnuts for filling
- essential oils if you use the sachets as air freshener.
- Place the fabric strips right sides together.
- Open one corner.
- Fold the ribbon in half and pin or stay stitch in that corner.
- Lay the strips together again and sew around 3 sides.
- Clip the corners.
- Open the open side a bit and re-arrange it so the seam hits the middle of the opening. This is how you create the triangle shape. In other words match the side seams.
- Sew the seam leaving a small opening in the center for turning and filling with rice or walnuts.
- Fill the sachets with rice or walnuts (and if you use essential oils, add some drops to the filling at this point).
- Fold the raw edges in and press.
- Hand stitch the opening with a ladder stitch.
- And you’re done! Enjoy!
Pin to save for later
Most popular sewing projects:
- DIY corded bag handles
- How to sew a round hem
- Flutter sleeve dress pattern
- How to laminate cotton fabric
Pages: 1 2