- cotton fabric 2 pieces of 4″ x 4″
- ribbon 4″
- fabric marker
- rice or crushed walnuts for filling
- essential oils if you use the sachets as air freshener.
- Place the fabric strips right sides together.
- Open one corner.
- Fold the ribbon in half and pin or stay stitch in that corner.
- Lay the strips together again and sew around 3 sides.
- Clip the corners.
- Open the open side a bit and re-arrange it so the seam hits the middle of the opening. This is how you create the triangle shape. In other words match the side seams.
- Sew the seam leaving a small opening in the center for turning and filling with rice or walnuts.
- Fill the sachets with rice or walnuts (and if you use essential oils, add some drops to the filling at this point).
- Fold the raw edges in and press.
- Hand stitch the opening with a ladder stitch.
- And you’re done! Enjoy!
Pin to save for later
Most popular sewing projects:
- DIY corded bag handles
- How to sew a round hem
- Flutter sleeve dress pattern
- How to laminate cotton fabric
Hi, I'm Petro, author and founder of Easy Peasy Creative Ideas. Sewist, crafter, avid DIY-er, foodie, photographer, homemaker and mommy to one. I'm an expert at coming up with quick, clever sewing tips, recycling crafts and simple, easy recipes! You can find my ideas featured in reputable publications such as Country Living, Good House Keeping, Yahoo News, WikiHow, Shutterfly, Parade, Brit & Co and more. Thanks for stopping by and hope you'll stay for a while, get to know me better and come back another time. Stick around for real fun projects!
Pages: 1 2