Mashed Potato Pancakes Recipe
- 3 cups mashed potatoes, chilled
- 1 cup shredded cheese of choice
- One small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour (you may need more or less, depending on how dry or wet your mashed potatoes are)
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil, for pan-frying
- Sour cream or Tzatziki sauce, for serving
- salt to taste
SEE MY MOST RECENT VIDEOS HERE
- Grab a large bowl and stir together the mashed potatoes, cheese, onion, carrots, egg, salt and flour until combined (start with 2-3 tablespoons and gradually add as needed).
- Using a large spoon, divide the mixture into portions, depending on how big you want your pancakes.
- Roll each portion into a compact ball then flatten it into a pancake (your choice of thickness but I’d recommend a 1/2″)
- Place some bread crumbs in a shallow dish and dredge each pancake.
- Heat some vegetable oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat (thoroughly coat the bottom of the pan).
- Fry the pancakes, in batches, until they’re golden brown and crispy on both sides, 2-3 minutes. Add more oil to the pan as needed between batches (don’t overcrowd and don’t flip the pancakes too soon or they won’t develop a crisp crust).
- Transfer the pancakes to a paper towel.
- Serve the pancakes topped with sour cream or dipped in Tzatziki sauce or simple as a side dish, alongside meat and salad.
Most Popular recipes
Pages: 1 2