This turkey and pesto panini recipe is one of the best ideas to use up Thanksgiving leftover turkey. Turn this drool-worthy, scrumptious panini into a quick lunch or a light dinner.
Turkey and pesto panini recipe
You can probably feel the excitement surrounding Thanksgiving too and if you’re hosting the Thanksgiving dinner party this year, you’re most likely still looking for the best Thanksgiving dinner menu ideas to wow your guests. You know, that dinner where you’ll end up with too much turkey! No clue what to do with it the next day? Well, this year, just make this super easy and flavorful turkey and pesto panini recipe!
I absolutely love the red pesto and it’s the perfect addition to this recipe. And did I mention the gooey mozzarella! Yeah! There’s plenty of that too. Plus the yum avocado. Plus the crunchiness from the French bread. Oh, my, the tasty goodness!! I bet you want some of this panini right now, aren’t you? Go ahead, make some, no one will judge. I know I won’t! I’m a bit guilty myself too. I made a couple of these for the sole purpose of making this article and I initially had hubs in mind but then I ate them all. By myself! Hubs doesn’t know; hope he’ll never read this!
Turkey, mozzarella and red pesto panini recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 loaf of French bread, cut into 4 equal pieces
- 8 tablespoons red pesto
- 8 oz = 225 g mozzarella, diced
- 3 cups leftover Thanksgiving turkey, sliced
- cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and sliced
- In a sandwich maker, slightly toast the bread pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and turn heat to medium.
- Grill turkey for a couple of minutes then add mozzarella. Grill until slightly melted.
- Spread 2 tablespoons pesto over both sides of French bread and top with mozzarella, turkey, cucumbers, avocado and top half of bread. Repeat with remaining slices of bread.
- Stick in the sandwich maker again and leave until bread is golden.
Serve this turkey and pesto panini recipe as lunch or a light dinner.