Article may contain Amazon & affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
This Thanksgiving, don’t let your turkey leftovers go to waste. Transform them into a delicious and easy meal with a simple, quick, and easy leftover turkey recipe in the air fryer. With just a few simple ingredients, you can have a hot and healthy meal on the table in no time.
Leftover turkey recipe: Air fryer cups
Thanksgiving is over, but that doesn’t mean you have to say goodbye to all the delicious holiday flavors! If you’re looking for a tasty way to use up your leftover turkey, try this leftover turkey recipe in the air fryer. These little bites are packed with all the flavors of your favorite holiday dishes, and they’re ready in just minutes! You won’t be disappointed!
You had a blast enjoying a delicious meal with your loved ones. But now what are you going to do with all those turkey leftovers? There’s no need to stop enjoying all that delicious food just because the holiday is over! With this leftover turkey recipe, you can use your air fryer to make delicious Thanksgiving leftover cups with all that extra food.
What is the most popular Thanksgiving leftover?
If you’re like most people, the answer is turkey! And why wouldn’t it be? Turkey is delicious and versatile food that can be used in so many different dishes. But if you’re not careful, those leftover turkey dishes can start to taste a bit… well, boring.
That’s why we’ve come up with this air fryer Thanksgiving leftover cup recipe! It’s a fun and easy way to use up those extra turkey leftovers, and it’s packed with all the flavors of your favorite holiday dishes. Plus, it’s ready in just minutes!
How long is turkey leftover good in the fridge?
If you have any turkey leftover, it’s important to know how long it will last in the fridge. According to the USDA, cooked turkey can be stored in the fridge for up to four days. So if you’re looking to use up your turkey leftovers sooner rather than later, this recipe is perfect!
How do you moisten dry leftover turkey meat?
If your leftover turkey is starting to dry out, don’t worry! There are a few easy ways to moisten it up.
- First, try adding some chicken broth or stock to the turkey. This will add flavor and moisture to the meat.
- Another option is to shred the turkey and mix it with some of the gravy. This will help to keep the turkey moist and flavorful.
- Finally, if you’re using turkey leftovers for sandwiches or wraps, try adding some cranberry sauce or other condiments.
What can I do with extra turkey?
If you have extra turkey, there are plenty of ways to use it! One option is to make a turkey pot pie. This is a great way to use up any leftover vegetables you have, as well as the turkey. Another option is to make leftover turkey soup, turkey sandwiches or turkey tetrazzini pasta. This is a great way to use up any leftover bones or carcass, as well as any vegetables you have. Finally, if you’re looking for an easy way to use up your turkey with minimal prep time, try this air fryer Thanksgiving leftover cup recipe or give these leftover recipes a try too:
- Leftover turkey stuffed sweet potatoes
- Leftover turkey panini
- Turkey breast with peas
- Turkey veggie bake
- Slow cooker turkey enchiladas (replace the chicken with turkey)
- Make a turkey shepherd’s pie (replace beef with turkey in this recipe)
- Make leftover turkey chili with this easy chili recipe
- Try a leftover turkey casserole using this recipe
- Add turkey leftovers and eggs to this dumplings soup to give it more flavor and increase nutrition and calories.
What do you serve with leftover Thanksgiving turkey cups?
There are so many delicious options when it comes to serving Thanksgiving leftovers.
- One option is to serve these cups with some more stuffing and mashed potatoes, boiled potatoes, chips or rice.
- If you’re looking for something a little lighter, try making a turkey salad or serving the cups with some roasted veggies like carrots, mushrooms and green beans, or with avocado, yellow beans with garlic, or sweet potato wedges.
- These roasted long peppers with garlic and vinegar are the perfect side dish for these Thanksgiving leftovers.
- This Instant Pot corn casserole and this Instant Pot corn on the cob make the perfect side dish for these Thanksgiving leftovers, creating a filling, nutritious meal.
No matter what you choose to serve with your Thanksgiving leftovers, I’m sure you’ll love these air fryer Thanksgiving cups! Whether you’re looking for a quick snack or an easy way to put together a leftover turkey recipe, these Thanksgiving leftover cups are the perfect solution. With just a few simple ingredients, you can enjoy all the flavors of your holiday meal long after the holiday is over.
What ingredients do I need for this leftover turkey recipe?
The most important ingredient you’ll need to prepare this easy recipe for Thanksgiving leftovers is stuffing. In addition to the leftover stuffing, you can also add these Thanksgiving staples to your air fryer cups:
- Mashed potatoes
- Leftover turkey
- Cranberry jelly
How Do I Make Leftover Turkey Cups?
Once you have your leftovers ready to go, all that’s left to do is put this easy recipe together! Just follow these tips and tricks for preparing your stuffing cups.
- Start with warm stuffing. While the ingredients inside your leftover cups can be cold, you need to start with warm stuffing. This will help make the stuffing more pliable and easier to form into a cup shape.
- Bake the cups in silicone muffin liners. Since your leftover cups will be heated in the air fryer, you’ll need to find a cooking method that fits inside the basket. Silicone baking cups are a great option because they’re oven-safe and non-stick.
- Form the stuffing into a cup shape. Place a scoop of the warm stuffing into your silicone mold and use your fingers to press the mixture into the shape of the muffin cup. Continue pressing the mixture along the bottom and up the sides of the cup until the entire mold is covered with stuffing.
- Add the filling. Once you have all your stuffing cups formed, it’s time to prepare the filling. Simply stir together the remaining leftovers to form a stuffing mixture. Then, scoop the mixture into the cups.
- Air fry the leftovers. Place all the muffin cups in the basket of your air fryer and cook them until the stuffing is crispy and the filling is heated through.
Thanksgiving Leftover Turkey Ideas
Finding ways to use up all that leftover turkey isn’t always easy. But these delicious leftover cups are the perfect way to enjoy all the flavors of your holiday meal long after the holiday is over. Try these recipe ideas to add even more flavor to your Thanksgiving leftovers.
- Add some broth. If your leftover stuffing seems too dry to form into muffin cups, try mixing in some extra broth to give it more moisture. Add the broth one tablespoon at a time, stirring between each addition. Continue adding more broth until the mixture is moist, but not mushy.
- Try different filling mixtures. While mashed potatoes, turkey, and gravy make a delicious flavor combination for your filling, it’s not the only option you have when making your own stuffing cups. You can create a variety of leftover combinations using whatever you have on hand, including sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, macaroni and cheese, ham, corn, and brussels sprouts.
- Use a muffin pan. Some larger air fryer models are big enough to hold a six-cup muffin pan. If you don’t have any silicon muffin cups on hand, try placing a small muffin pan in your air fryer basket instead. Make sure to grease the muffin pan before adding the stuffing to keep it from sticking to the sides as it bakes.
- Bake the cups in the oven. Using your air fryer is a quick and easy way to prepare this Thanksgiving snack. But if you don’t have one at home, you can also bake your stuffing cups in the oven. Press the stuffing into a greased muffin pan and bake the cups at 375 degrees for around 10 minutes, until the stuffing is crispy and the filling is heated through.
- Add some cheese. Another simple way to add even more flavor to your leftover turkey is with the help of some shredded cheese. Mix shredded cheddar cheese into the mashed potato filling before stuffing the cups or sprinkle some cheese on top of your cups before baking to enhance the flavor.
- Serve with toppings. Give your leftover cups even more Thanksgiving flavor by adding a dollop of gravy or cranberry jelly on top of each cup before serving. Baked bacon bits work great with these cups too!
How Do You Store Leftover Turkey Cups?
These leftover cups taste the best when they’re right out of the air fryer. But if you have a few extras after everyone is finished eating, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The leftover cups will stay good for up to three days when stored properly.
You can reheat your leftovers in the microwave – just heat them on high for 30 seconds to one minute. Or place the cups in the air fryer at 350 degrees for two to three minutes.
Can you freeze leftover turkey cups?
Yes, you can freeze your leftover turkey cups to enjoy at a later time. Simply place the cups in a freezer-safe container and store them in the freezer for up to three months.
When you’re ready to eat, thaw the frozen cups overnight in the refrigerator. Then, reheat them in the air fryer at 350 degrees for two to three minutes.
Whether you’re looking for a new way to use up your Thanksgiving leftovers or just want a delicious and easy snack, these leftover turkey cups are the perfect solution. Made with just a few simple ingredients, they come together in no time and can be easily customized to your liking. So if you find yourself with some leftover turkey, give these cups a try. You won’t be disappointed!
Pin to save for later
Print the recipe card
Air fryer cups leftover turkey recipe
- 2 cups stuffing
- 1.5 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 cup turkey leftover, chopped
- 1/2 cup brown gravy
- 1/2 cup cranberry jelly
- Warm up your stuffing to make it more pliable.
- Form a 1/2” layer on the inside of a jumbo silicone muffin liner. From the bottom of the cup and then press the stuffing to the side of the liner to form a cup.
- Bake the stuffing cups in the air fryer basket for 10 minutes at 400°f.
- While cups are baking. Mix the gravy, mashed potatoes, and turkey meat to create a filling.
- Using a large ice cream scoop, fill the stuffing cups with the filling.
- Return cups to the air fryer basket and bake for 5 minutes at 350°f
- Remove and let cool and spoon a tablespoon dollop of cranberry jelly. If you prefer more gravy as an addition or substitute, have at it.