Ghost biscuits with cream cheese
Let’s be honest! Halloween is a candy celebration! No matter how many desserts we make and how cute or spooky they are, candies are the heart of all Halloween parties. Since sweets made for this fun holiday are not always healthy – lollipops, candy, chocolate, etc. it’s advisable to try and provide some more nutritious dishes without harmful additives.
Here is a cute idea for healthy salty & sweet snacks to put on your family’s Halloween table! Kids will love these ghost biscuits with cream cheese, particularly if you tell them they’re Casper’s brothers. Yes, I lie my kid all the time when it comes to food but it’s all for a good cause.
These ghost biscuits with cream cheese are delicious and healthy and very easy to make, in spite of all the kneading needed (I am so not good at kneading!). For this recipe you need to use plain cream cheese or cream cheese mixed with a little salt and a pinch of sugar, it’s all up to your own taste. Decorate with cream cheese and raisins if you use sweet cheese or cut eyes and mouth out of black olives, a good match for salty cheese.
For more Halloween recipes here is a Free Vegan Halloween Recipes E-Book for you to download here.
Ghost biscuits with cream cheese recipe
- 125 g = 4.40 oz cream cheese
- 4 cups flour (I used whole wheat)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Place all ingredients in bowl
- Mix and knead well
- Wrap the dough in plastic foil and transfer to fridge for an hour
- Preheat the oven
- Grease baking tray with oil or line with baking paper/parchment
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator
- Spread it with a dough roller
- Use special ghost molds if you have or make your own shapes using a sharp and small kitchen knife as I did
- Bake biscuits for 10-15 minutes
- Let them completely cool and spread plain/salty/sweet cheese on
- Make eyes and mouth out of raisins or black olives
- Serve cool
- Knead very well for best results
- When using the roller, make the dough as thin as you can for a pretty biscuit design
Looking for more Halloween recipes? Here is a Free Vegan Halloween Recipes E-Book for you to download here.