This quick, easy and fun Mummy Dog recipe is sure to delight any crowd of picky eaters! Just crispy enough, these dogs are delicious and perfect for a party or as a treat!
Mummy Dog recipe
Are you guys still looking for quick and fun Halloween recipes ideas? Look no more as I’ve got the perfect recipe for you! This Mummy Dog Recipe is not only super easy and quick but kid friendly too. My daughter and I had so much fun making these, they were a hoot!
This recipe is great for larger parties but also a perfect treat at home to get the kids excited on the days leading to Halloween. It’s also a versatile recipe as you can add more ingredients to your Mummy dog recipe to give it a fun twist or a personal touch.
For this recipe I purchased the Pillsbury Original Crescents at Publix which are a perfect match! Here’s a COUPON you can use when purchasing yours, available while supplies last. Please be aware of the coupon dates:
- October 1st – October 30th: $1.00 off of 2 Pillsbury Refrigerated Baked Goods Products
- October 22nd – October 28th: 3 Pillsbury Crescents for $6
Also please don’t forget to enter the $10 PayPal giveaway at the bottom of the Mummy Dog Recipe, so you can try the crescents and make your own fun recipe.
Mummy Dog Recipe
I gave the original recipe a bit of a personal touch by sprinkling a few sesame seeds and some chili pepper flakes before baking the dogs. I also added more cheese before and after baking because we are such crazy cheese people!! You can add any ingredient you like or you can just make it as simple as you feel like. This recipe is just awesome like that! And if you use small hot dogs, this recipe could easily pass as a great snack idea!
What you need:
- Pillsbury Original Crescents
- Hot Dogs
- Sesame seeds
- Chili pepper flakes (optional – skip if making recipe for kids)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Cooking oil spray
- Mustard (ketchup is optional if you want your mummy’s eyes red)
- Lay out your Pillsbury crescent on a work surface.
- Cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch or so wide strips (I may have cut some wider but it worked just as fine).
- Place one slice of cheese on the work surface.
- Place a dog on top of the cheese slice.
- Wrap hot dog with the strip, spiraling down to enclose like a mummy.
- Leave a little opening for the “face”.
- Whisk egg and water in a small bowl.
- Brush the “mummy” with the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and chili flakes (skip chili for kids).
- Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Spray some cooking oil.
- Preheat oven to 400 F = 200 C.
- Bake until golden (about 20-25 minutes)
- Add a layer of cheese over the baked dogs and place in a microwave for 20-30 seconds until cheese is melted.
- Let cool slightly then draw some “eyes” with mustard.
- Serve as a treat or a main meal with a bowl of salad on a side.
Hope you guys enjoyed this Mummy Dog Recipe and you’ll give it a try yourself in which case I’d love to see photos. Here’s a recipe card too so you can save and print this for later.
Enter the Pillsbury $10 PayPal giveaway below!
- Open to US only
- Giveaway ends 10/31 12:00 AM
If you have troubles loading the Rafflecopter widget in your browser, please use THIS LINK.