These quick, easy and fun crescent mummy dogs are sure to delight any crowd of picky eaters! Crispy enough, these are perfect for a Halloween party or as a treat!
Are you looking for quick and fun Halloween recipe ideas? Look no more as I’ve got the perfect recipe for you! This recipe for crescent mummy dogs is not only super easy and quick but kid friendly too. My daughter and I had so much fun making these Halloween hot dogs, they were simply a hoot!
These crescent hot dogs are great for larger parties but also make a perfect treat at home to get the kids excited on the days leading to Halloween! It’s also a versatile recipe as you can add more ingredients to your crescent mummy dogs recipe to give it a fun twist or a personal touch.
Need more Halloween recipes?
- Creepy bloodshot cake eyeballs
- Wicked witch cupcakes
- Chocolate spider web jellies
- Dracula’s blood punch
Print the recipe
Pin to save for later
I wanted to give a bit of a personal touch to the original recipe for crescent roll hot dog mummies by sprinkling a few sesame seeds and some chili pepper flakes before baking the dogs in the oven. I also added cheese to my crescent mummy dogs before and after baking, because this family is absolutely crazy in love with cheese!!
You can add any ingredient you like to your mummy dogs recipe (like a layer of bacon) or you can just make these Halloween mummy dogs as simple as possible! This recipe is awesome like that! And if you use small hot dogs, your Halloween hot dog mummies could easily pass as a great snack idea for kids any time of the year!
Make the recipe now
Crescent mummy dogs
- crescent roll or sheet
- hot dogs
- Cheese of choice (I used provolone)
- Sesame seeds
- Chili pepper flakes (optional – skip if making the recipe for younger kids)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Cooking oil spray
- Mustard ( or ketchup if you want to make your mummy’s eyes red)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Lay out your crescent pastry on a working surface.
- Cut lengthwise into 1/2″ or so wide strips (I may have cut some wider but it worked just as fine).
- Cut cheese into strips about 1/4″ in thickness.
- Place one strip of cheese on the working surface.
- Place a dog on top of the cheese slice.
- Wrap hot dog with the pastry strip, spiraling down to enclose it like a mummy.
- Leave a little opening for the “face”.
- Whisk egg and water in a small bowl.
- Brush the “mummy” with the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and chili flakes (skip chili for kids).
- Transfer to a non stick baking sheet sprayed with cooking oil.
- Spray some more cooking oil over the mummies.
- Bake until golden (about 20-25 minutes)
- Add a layer of cheese over the baked dogs and place in a microwave for 20-30 seconds or return to oven until cheese is melted.
- Let cool slightly then draw some “eyes” with mustard or ketchup.
- Serve as a snack or a main meal with a bowl of salad on a side.
Hope you guys enjoyed these crescent mummy dogs and you’ll give the recipe a try yourself! I’d love to know your thoughts so please leave a comment below!