How to laminate fabric
Sewing With Oilcloth: Bags & Baskets
Sew Better, Sew Faster: Advanced Industry Techniques (w/ Janet Pray)
Sew Smarter: 30 Professional Techniques
Make In A Day Sewing Project Kits
20 Things to Know Before You Sew
Sewing Machine Feet from A to Z
40 Techniques Every Sewer Should Know – Gail Yellen
- Wash the fabric, dry and press well to remove all wrinkles.
- Cut the fabric to the size required by your project.
- Make sure you press on a hard surface so if your ironing board is soft, add something hard but heat resistant underneath the cover, like a bamboo cutting board
- Place the iron-on film on the right side of the cotton fabric, with the matte face up.
- Set your iron on the lowest and take the steam function off.
- Lightly press the iron on the iron on film just until it sets on the fabric then remove the iron.
- Cover the iron on with a cloth or another piece of cotton, set the iron to the highest and press again, in small areas, about 8 seconds per area.
- Cut the iron on film to size once it’s well settled onto the cotton fabric.
- Leave co completely cool before using on a project.
- Don’t wash your newly laminated fabric or the end project, just clean with a damp cloth.
Most popular sewing projects: