Article may contain Amazon & affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
Have you been looking for Cheerios recipes? Give these yummilicious fruit and nut bars a try this summer! Made with almonds, dry gooseberry and crispy Cheerios, these no bake bars are so quick to make, the perfect summer snack for the kiddos!
Healthy cheerio bars
You, guys! These crazy delicious fruit and nut bars are real life savers! Going through our morning routine is always, with no exception a tough deed, especially on school days! Between taking care of kids’ morning grumpiness (valid for kids of all ages lol), getting them ready for school and making breakfast we’re pretty much left with no time to have breakfast ourselves!
And in my book no breakfast is a big “no, no”! I can’t go through a busy day (which is almost every single day) without a healthy, nutritious breakfast or by 11 AM I’m all drained, dizzy and a lot grumpier than the kids in the morning! It’s so obvious that I can’t be productive when my head is spinning around and my brain is practically blank! So I need me a quick breakfast and this almond bars recipe is my perfect go-to idea when I’m running short on time.
Want more breakfast ideas?
- Blueberry buttermilk cake
- Lemon raspberry breakfast cake
- Banana cinnamon croissants
- Strawberry cream cheese puff pastry braid
- Simple cinnamon puff pastry rolls
These fruit and nut bars are a great solution to our problem, very handy, healthy and delicious! My amazing gooseberry bars are a grab and go breakfast for all you busy families out there and everyone will absolutely love these!
If you love a crunchy breakfast that’s also healthy and gives you plenty of energy, these fruit and nut bars are perfect for you! They’re fast and easy, it literally takes 10 minutes to make and you probably have everything you need in your pantry right now.
Make a big batch and store it in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 2 months. Pair with your morning coffee or tea or give a glass of milk to the kids and you’re all ready to face the challenges of a new busy day!
More bars recipes you might like:
- No bake s’mores treats
- Macaroni & cheese pudding bars
- Caramel popcorn pretzel bars
- Rice pudding pumpkin bars
- Popcorn pretzel M&M’s bars
Fruit and nut bars
To make my amazing no bake bars I used a base of Cheerios, mixed with dry gooseberries and dry cherries, almonds and pumpkin seeds. Any of the dried fruit and nut can be swapped with your favorite but if you do, please note the bars won’t look and taste the same as the original recipe.
I decided to add a bit of honey and brown sugar but if you found your dried fruit is sweet enough, you can skip using these two ingredients.
To make these fruit and nut bars even more amazing I added peanut butter. This ingredient will also help with keeping all the ingredients together and shape and cut them into easy to serve bars.
These healthy Cheerio bars are great as a quick breakfast, an afternoon snack or a pre-workout snack!
Fruit and nut bars
- 3 cups Cheerios Ancient grains
- 3 cups Cheerios original
- 1/2 cup dried gooseberries
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup almonds whole
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds raw
- 1/2 cup honey raw
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- silicone spatula
- medium non stick saucepan
- baking sheet
- baking paper
- Line a rimmed 12 x 16 inch baking sheet with wax paper or baking paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together the Cheerios, dried cherries, gooseberries, almonds and pumpkin seeds.
- In a medium saucepan, mix honey and sugar on medium heat.
- Using a silicone spatula, stir until the mixture comes to a full rolling boil.
- Lower the heat and continue boiling for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Turn off the heat and add peanut butter and vanilla extract, stirring until the peanut butter has melted and the mixture is smooth with no lumps.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the Cheerios mixture and gently stir until evenly combined. Make sure you don't crush the Cheerios.
- Spread the mixture into the baking sheet and gently press down with the spatula.
- Cover with another piece of wax paper, and use a small rolling pin to gently press the bars down for a more compact layer.
- Refrigerate until firm, for a minimum of two hours, or transfer to a freezer for 40 minutes, then cut into bars.
Freeze for up to 2 months.