This post is sponsored by Sverve, however all opinions and the recipe are 100% my own.
Quick marinated pork loin filet with olives and tomato sauce
This quick marinated pork loin recipe is probably the fastest meal I’ve ever had to make for my family. It’s also super simple and easy to make and it takes under 30 minutes to throw a delicious meal.
I haven’t had much time to cook lately and I suddenly found myself in front of an empty fridge. I had a quick look in my pantry in an attempt to put together a quick meal and save my family from starving.
As I found just a couple of canned whole tomatoes I thought I should try and make something new using those, a handful of long forgotten olives and garlic and herb pork loin filet courtesy of Smithfield at Food Lion. I also used extra garlic because it’s so tasty and healthy and you know, one must keep vampires away.
My family loves marinated meat and Smithfield has just what it takes to cook delicious meals, ready to enjoy in 20 to 30 minutes. Busy families on the go are sure to get hooked as these products are not only time savers but super delicious too.
One might ask why couldn’t we use regular meat and just add the herbs and garlic during the cooking process. Cooking a meal like my quick marinated pork loin with regular meat is not going to give the same tasty results, as the marinade deeply penetrates the meat, giving it a particular taste.
My quick marinated pork loin is just a tiny sample of what busy families can cook with Smithfield’s marinated products, available at your Food Lion, at an awesome $4.99 – $9.99 – all under $10 for the month of September. For more delicious meal ideas check out Smithfield.
Also see my other recipes using Smithfield products:
- Peppercorn and Garlic Pork tenderloin roll
- Roasted Garlic and herb Pork loin filet with mustard sauce
I’m not a big meat fun but my family is and I must admit, cooking with pork is fun and the possibilities are endless. For now enjoy an amazingly delicious and healthy recipe with olives and tomato sauce.
Quick marinated pork loin filet with olives and tomato sauce recipe
- About 500 gr = 17 oz Smithfield garlic and herb pork loin filet
- 1 large can whole tomatoes (with sauce)
- 10 mashed tomatoes (fresh or canned)
- Handful of olives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 garlic cloves (optional)
- Sesame seeds to garnish (optional)
- Cut filet as preferred (I cut slices off, about 1 finger thick and then cut those in half)
- Roast all with a tablespoon of oil for about 2 minutes, in a pan/crock pot large enough to fit all meat
- Add water to slightly cover all meat
- Salt to taste (be aware olives might be salty too so skip salt if that's the case)
- Cover with lid and leave to boil for 10 minutes
- Add garlic, can of whole tomatoes and mashed tomatoes
- Let it simmer on low heat for 10 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add olives and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Add more garlic, pepper or other herbs if you like a stronger taste.
- If you like spicy food, add 1 chopped chili when cooking tomatoes.
- This recipe works pretty well with pickled vegetables salad.