Need a simple and easy to put together recipe for your weeknight dinners? These yummy oven roasted pork chops pair splendidly with melt-in-your-mouth honey roasted vegetables!
Pork chops with vegetables
My family loves pork recipes even though I keep telling them it’s not the best option when it comes to eating healthy. But every once in a while I like to spoil them with a delicious recipe like these oven roasted pork chops!
I love this recipe for roasted pork chops because, even if it takes a little longer than my regular recipes, it’s so tasty that you forget you’ve spent some time making it, with the very first bite! Plus I like to make my oven baked boneless pork chops with lots and lots of vegetables that are roasted with honey and taste like decadence!
Need more pork recipes?
Honey gives this pork chop dinner such a special touch so much sweetness and shine making this dish really tempting and inviting. Even picky eaters will have a hard time staying away from these colorful oven roasted pork chops! How do I know that? I have what’s probably the pickiest little munchkin in the whole wide world! And she was hooked the moment she saw these oven baked boneless pork chops! Of course when I told her this recipe owes it’s fabulous taste to a simple ingredient, honey, she asked for more! Score!
These easy pork chops are a great weeknight dinner idea, ready in about 1 hr 15 minutes but plate it right and you can always use this recipe for “fancy” events too! It tastes soooo good, everyone will be in awe with your cooking skills! The ingredients below are for 4 servings.
Before making these roasted pork chops, you might find these Q&A very useful and even apply some to your own recipe or decide to create a new one with these mind.
How do you make honey glazed pork chops?
My oven roasted pork chops are honey glazed but not by using a sophisticated recipe. To me a little goes a long way so for my recipe I only used a little amount of honey mixed with simple ingredients like olive oil, lime juice, thyme, salt and pepper. But if you’re looking for a fancier recipe, you might find these recipes truly appealing to your taste:
- Honey Garlic Pork Chops
- Honey Glazed Baked Pork Chops with ginger and soy
- Brown sugar & Honey Pork Chops
- Easy honey garlic pork chops with rice wine vinegar
What side to serve with pork chops?
Pork chops alone are always a sure bet but go the extra mile and add a worthy sidekick to your pork chops with these wonderful side dishes that might actually steal the show:
- Roasted Sweet Potato and Delicata Squash with Cranberry Agrodolce
- Baked parmesan potato stacks
- Yellow beans with garlic and dill
- Cannellini beans stew
- Griddled Sweet Potatoes with Mint, Chilli and Smoked Garlic
- Roasted potatoes with garlicky mushrooms
- Spiced herb roasted sweet potato wedges
- Creamy potato and kale gratin
What salad goes well with pork chops?
A well cooked pork chop can be hard to beat and in my opinion is best cooked simple. But the plate can feel lonely without a side so here are a few options I find really intriguing when it comes to salads that go well with pork:
- Curried potato salad
- Apple salad
- Roasted long sweet peppers salad
- Fried zucchini salad in garlic vinegar sauce
- Endive, Apple, and Celery Salad
What sauces go with pork chops?
Sauces and gravy add more flavor, moist, smoothness and texture to a simple and bland pork chop recipe. With the right sauce or gravy you can turn even the most succulent pork chop into a real show stopper! Here are a few of my favorites:
- Mushroom and sour cream sauce
- Country gravy recipe
- Creamy mushroom sauce
- Apple jam with green tomatoes
- Mustard and milk sauce
- Homemade pork gravy
- Cider gravy recipe
What drink goes well with pork chops?
Pork recipes are pretty versatile when it comes to drinks. Beer is a simple beverage that makes a good match to many recipes. But traditionally pork goes well with a large variety of wines, both red and white but I find red wine the best pairing, with Merlot being by far my most favorite. It all depends on the sauce and gravy you choose really not the pork recipe itself. For example, smoky sauces go well with fruity wines, leaner sauces pair best with subtle wines, richer sauces go well with heavy wines.
There is also a variety of cocktails that make great pairings for pork chops, some even sharing the same ingredients used to prepare the chops:
- Pork chop cocktail
- Apple cider bourbon cocktail
- Black walnut bourbon cocktail
- Washington Apple Cocktail
- Michelada cocktail
Alcohol is great and perfect party choice but why not give the nonalcoholic alternatives a try! Fruity drinks (apple and pineapple in particular) truly complement a heavier meal like pork chops and also help you avoid the hangover! When it comes to non alcoholic drinks nothing beat the classic coke or a lemonade but a few non alcoholic drinks are also a great addition to a pork chop meal:
- Orange slush punch
- Non alcoholic Sangria
- Apple pear punch
- Ginger Pineapple Sparkling Punch
- White grape spritzer
And now that we have established all the little details we can truly enjoy these amazing oven roasted pork chops with honey glazed vegetables! So here’s the recipe!
Oven roasted pork chops
For the honey roasted vegetables:
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 4 medium carrots peeled and sliced into 1/2″ slices
- 1 large Spanish onion, cut julienne
- 1 1/2 cup red bell peppers, cut into medium dice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dry thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dry marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dry parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the oven roasted pork chops:
- 8 boneless pork chops
- 1/2 teaspoon dry thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- one tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lime juice plus more to drizzle (optional)
You will also need:
- large baking sheet
- cooking spray
- large bowl
- Pre heat the oven at 375 F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and line with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the vegetables with the herbs and spices listed in the roasted vegetable section.
- Transfer to the baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place pork chops in a large bowl and mix with the rest of the pork ingredients.
- After the vegetables have roasted for 40 minutes, remove the baking sheet from the oven and gently toss the vegetables.
- Add the prepared pork chops to the baking sheet, in between the vegetables.
- Bake for additional 20 minutes or until the pork chops are no longer pink and have formed a little crust.
- Drizzle a little bit of lime juice when serving (optional) or spread some garlic yogurt sauce over the pork chops.