Have too many paper tubes? Don’t throw them away, make a pretty DIY paper flower wreath, perfect for holidays, weddings or parties!
DIY Paper flower wreath
Today I’m sharing a super fun and pretty project and a great idea for recycling all those paper tubes you normally throw away. This DIY paper flower wreath is a great home decor or a stunning wedding or party decoration or even a gift for family or friends.
I made this with my little one because she loves painting and creating stuff. I thought this would be a great summer time activity for both of us but it can easily be made to fit any season or holidays, just choose different colors for the flowers.
This DIY paper flower wreath is insanely easy to make you’ll want to make a bunch of these! It’s beautiful and super cheap and it doesn’t take long to make and the best thing is, it will last forever! A very beautiful addition to your front door or interior decor!
DIY paper flower wreath tutorial
- toilet paper tubes (I used 5)
- toilet paper
- polystyrene (or Styrofoam circle) ( White Styrofoam Round Circle Craft set of 13)
- glue gun
- glue sticks
- Gather your paper tubes and start making the flowers following the directions in this tutorial. You can cut different lengths and widths for the “petals”.
- If you use polystyrene to make your circle, start by placing a large bowl or plate on the polystyrene and cut all the way around with a cutter. On the resulting circle, place a medium bowl and cut all the way around it.
- Take your burlap fabric and fold it in 4 to form a long strip of fabric. You may need to use 2 strips, depending on the size of your circle and the length of your burlap.
- Pin one end of the burlap fabric strip to the back of your polystyrene circle and start wrapping the fabric around the circle. When done, pin in place.
- Hot glue the blooms to the wreath base and enjoy your DIY paper flower wreath!