Easy breezy Jam and nut cookies
These cookies are a delicious dessert that can be served any time a year, but it’s particularly delightful at Winter time (yeah, I’m ready for chillier temperatures), with a cup of hot tea, milk or coffee.
Are you a big fan of a 5 o’clock tea? Surprise your friends with a special treat! These jam and nut cookies are sure to keep them in awe. If you like a crunchy/soft combination these are the perfect cookies for you.
I love it that these cookies are very versatile. You can give them any shape if you have a cookie mold, or simply press them with your palm. You can make a cookie sandwich, sprinkled with nuts and cinnamon if you like. The filling can easily be replaced with a cream of chocolate or vanilla.
Jam and nut cookies recipe
- 115 g butter at room temperature
- 10 gr vanilla sugar
- 1 teaspoon rum flavor
- 1 egg
- 130 g flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 80 gr ground nuts/walnuts
- Jam (plum / cherry / raspberry)
- Separate egg yolks from the whites.
- Mix butter with sugar and vanilla sugar using an electric device until foamy (2-3 minutes)
- Add the egg yolks and rum flavor.
- Mix flour with salt and the butter mixture until you get a soft dough.
- Cover with plastic foil and refrigerate for 1hr.
- The nuts can be baked in a tray lined with baking paper, for 10-15 minutes
- Grind or crushing with a knife
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and make balls of about 2-3 cm
- Beat egg whites into a foam.
- Run the balls through the egg whites foam
- Roll them over the nuts
- Place in a pan/baking tray lined with baking paper
- Slightly press the cookie balls with your palm
- Make an hollow with your thumb in the middle of each ball to make room for the jam filling.
- Fill with 1/2 teaspoon of jam cookies
- Transfer to a preheated oven
- Bake for approx. 15 minutes
- These cookies are versatile, they can be shaped into any form if you own a cookie mold or used to make a cookie sandwich.
- You can use any kind of jam or even replace the jam with a cream of chocolate or vanilla.
- The jam and nuts cookies can be served hot or cold, next to a glass of milk, tea, hot chocolate or even coffee