Buttermilk Fried Chicken
- 3-4 pounds of chicken tenders (I am too lazy to cut a chicken!!)
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon sweet paprika
- half tablespoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Lowry’s Season Salt
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Toss the chicken, buttermilk and 1 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate, 1 hour.
- Heat 1 inch of vegetable oil in a large deep skillet (or in a deep fryer) over medium-high heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 360.
- Mix the flour and spices in a shallow bowl.
- Remove one tender from the buttermilk, shake off the excess and roll in the flour mixture.
- Shake off the excess flour and lay on a plate.
- Repeat the process until all pieces of chicken are double coated.
- Place in chicken into the hot oil. Fry, turning occasionally, until golden brown and cooked through, about 15 minutes (adjust the heat as needed).
- Drain on paper towels.
Subscribe to my YouTube channel
Pin to save for later
GET MORE INSPIRATION HERE >> FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST
Most popular recipes:
Pages: 1 2