Keep your little ones happy when they’re out of school with these fun and easy kids activities! These creative activities for kids are super affordable, fit for kids of most ages and will keep those creative minds busy during school breaks!
Easy kids activities
Have you been looking for easy kids activities to keep your little guys (and your home lol) busy and happy? These fun activities for kids are prefect for outdoor and indoor and are a super fun way to spend quality time as a family.
All these easy crafts for kids are great as summer activities during those long days of school break but they work just as great all year round, whenever kids have to spend longer periods of time at home! These easy kids activities are a good fit for all group ages and an excellent way to stimulate those creative minds to create useful things. From recycling projects to room decor, outdoor activities or handmade toys, this list of fun things to do with kids will soon become your best friend!
Beside these fun crafts, you might be wondering if there is more you can do with your kiddos in summer or other school breaks. Below I’ll try to answer some of the questions we’ve been asking ourselves before, hopefully you’ll find them useful and a good fit for you and your family.
What activities do kids like to do?
Kids are all different but as a general idea, most love some or all of these activities:
- Playing football/soccer
- Paint or draw
- Play fort games
- Swim in the pool
- Play card games
- Bake cookies in fun shapes
- Science games
- Make smoothies or milkshakes together with you
What are the activities in summer?
Everyone knows that kids love playing with their parents so anything you do to engage in their play time is super fun for them. But here are a few activities you can initiate yourself to offer them a nice surprise:
- Organize a picnic in the backyard
- Go out biking together
- Have a water balloon battle
- Play Twister in the backyard (if there’s a little breeze it will be even more fun! kids love messy stuff)
- Offer to shave their “beard” using shaving cream and a toy knife
- Braid doll’s hair together
- Place water balloons in the trampoline and jump together trying to avoid the balloons.
- Look for bugs in your garden or at the park and try to identify them together.
- Make doll clothes together (a great opportunity to teach kids to handle a needle)
- Braid doll’s hair together and do all sorts of fun hair styles for them.
What can you do for free?
The possibilities are endless when it comes to spending a great time on the budget or even free! Here are just a few suggestions for family activities that won’t cost you a cent:
- Take a walk in the park
- Play Frisbee with the dog in the park
- Play board games
- Turn the sprinklers on and play a game of who manages to stay dry the most
- Teach older kids how to cook a recipe they love or make a meal with the help of the smaller kids
- Make popsicles with fruit juice
- Play sports
- Blow bubbles
- Do some gardening together
- Do fun drawings with chalk on the sidewalk
- Go to the beach and admire the sunset
What can you do at home in school breaks?
I’m sure you’ve noticed some of the activities listed above are a good fit for this section too. And here are a few more:
- Play hide-and-seek
- Set up a lemonade stand
- Make popcorn and watch a movie together
- Finger paint on paper
- Finger paint on t-shirts
- Have a pillow fight
- Re decorate kids bedroom
- Play science games
- Create an obstacle course
- Take pictures of the bugs in your garden
- Play video games
- Have a flying contest with paper airplanes
- Do prank calls to friends and family
- Pretend you’re models and do catwalk shows.
- Wash the car together
- Dry flowers and create pressed flowers art
- Read books together
- Let kids help you paint an item in your house or garden
If these are not enough for your little energizer bunnies, here’s how to keep kids entertained with some fun craft ideas!
Summer crafts for kids
- DIY birdhouse out of milk carton – This milk carton birdhouse is so easy and simple to make, kids will have tons of fun helping you make it! Give those little birds something more to chirp about with a simple DIY birdhouse!
- No sew t-shirt tote bag -Turn an old t-shirt into a reusable shopping, grocery or toy bag in no time with this easy & quick no sew tshirt bag! Perfect idea to make with kids , makes a great summer break activity!
- Paper flower wreath with paper tubes – Have too many paper tubes? Don’t throw them away, make a pretty paper flower wreath, perfect for holidays, weddings, parties or kids activities!
- Paper crown craft with paper doilies – Made with paper doilies this paper crown craft is so easy and fun and a great opportunity to spend quality time with the kiddos!
- Binocular craft with “I spy” printable – So easy, affordable and quick to make, these children’s toy binoculars are enjoyable and educational and would make a great game idea for kids parties!
- DIY phone stand – A fun and easy way to reuse and recycle those toilet paper rolls, this DIY Phone Stand is both cute and practical!
- Pom pom cloud wall decor – This adorable cloud wall decor is so easy and quick using pom poms, and adds so much cuteness to your home decor, you’ll want to make one for everyone in your family!
- DIY flower pot with pom poms – This simple DIY flower pot takes less than 20 minutes to make and would be great as a gift idea too!
- No sew fringe fleece scarf – Cuddly fleece scarf perfect for cooler days and make great gifts too!
- Paper flowers with paper tubes – Wanna help your kids develop their artistic and motor skills? Learn how to make paper flowers for kids for a fun family activity you’ll all enjoy!
- Paper rolls pencil organizer – Kids need a little help to keep pens, markers and pencils organized? This DIY pen organizer is a great project to make with recycled toilet paper tubes.
- Sun & feather wall decor – Make a statement in your home design with a stunning sun & feather wall decor! This feather wall art is outrageously gorgeous and insanely easy to make!
- Peanut bird feeder wreath – Make this fun and easy peanut bird feeder to keep birds happy! A 10 minutes project that makes a great gift too!
- DIY notebook with cereal box – This easy peasy DIY notebook is budget friendly, easy to personalize and looks gorgeous! Great for personal use or for kids!
- Glittery princess crown – Make the little girl in your life feel just like a star with an adorable DIY Princess crown! This glittery princess crown makes a great addition to a birthday party too!
- Monster Inc painted rocks – Rock painting for kids has never been more enjoyable with these monster painted rocks!
- Stick shelves with craft sticks – These geometric wall shelves are not only functional but they’re cute and beautiful as well.
- Handmade jewelry box – Perfect to store all your trinkets and treasures, this DIY jewelry storage idea is not only super easy to make but a great way to recycle!
- Homemade microwave playdough – This microwave playdough recipe is so easy to make and a great, fun project for kids! Very different from store bought play dough, made with safer and healthier ingredients.
- Succulent planter box DIY – These easy peasy succulent containers are such a beautiful way to decorate on a budget!
- Paper plate dream catcher – This paper plate dream catcher is so easy to make and uses supplies you most likely have on hand! Kids will love helping you create this gorgeous feather dream catcher!
- Plastic bottle bird feeder – Get the birds to flock around your garden in spring and summer when making this adorable plastic bottle bird feeder! A great way to upcycle while having fun with the kiddos!
- DIY honeycomb pom poms – Use some of these adorable honeycomb pom poms, easy to made with crepe or tissue paper for a fun decor, perfect for any party!
- No sew skirt – This DIY no sew skirt is awesome! No needle, no thread, ready to wear in minutes!
- Fun straw frame – Learn how to decorate and personalize your own photo frame with this super easy straw frame craft! Incredibly fun and great activity to complete with the kiddos!
- Duct tape organizer – Running out of space for your art, craft or office supplies? Quickly put together a duct tape organizer using just a handful of supplies you most likely have on hand!
- Yarn bowl with cardboard – Make yourself a cute DIY yarn bowl using just a handful of simple materials you probably have on hand! Looks impressive but it’s so easy to make!
- Microwave lace crown – Make the little girls happy with this lace crown tutorial! A must for every princess, a glitter crown is fun and simple to make!
- DIY cardboard camera – Encourage your kids to express their creativity with this DIY cardboard camera! This pretend play camera is loads of fun, simple and easy to make by or with kids!
- Toy bridge an tunnel for cars – Entertain your kids with a simple but fun project! This easy peasy toy bridge for cars doubles down as a tunnel and will keep kids busy for hours!
- Mini gift boxes – No need to buy gift boxes when you can make adorable, pretty and personalized recycled gift boxes for a fraction of the cost!
- No sew pencil roll organizer – Need a place to safely carry all your pencils, crayons and markers? This no sew pencil roll is a super easy project and great to make with kids!
- DIY honeycomb for bees – This tp rolls honeycomb is an incredibly cute way to decorate an empty wall in kids’ bedroom!
- Decorative googly eyes bowl – This googly eyes bowl is a cheap and easy craft to do for and with the kids for fun memories. Great decor piece for kids room or a gift idea!
- DIY dinosaur egg – This little dinosaur egg is simply perfection for a little dino lover!
If you liked these easy kids activities, please let me know in the comments below ! Thanks and have fun with your little ones!
Pin to save for later