Are you looking for 30 minute sewing projects? These quick sewing projects are awesome for sewists of all levels! Whether you are an ultimate beginner looking to improve your sewing skills or have more experience but want something fun and quick to sew on boring afternoons, these simple sewing projects are a quick sew that everyone will enjoy!
Easy sewing projects
Sewing is fun and rewarding but you know what’s even more fun and rewarding? Quick sewing projects! You can do a lot with a little time if you really want to and when you love sewing, you’ll always find a little time! It’s so great to sit down and sew something that doesn’t take too long, doesn’t involve a lot of planning ahead and is almost 100% foolproof! Picking one of these easy sewing projects, you can be done fast and have a finished project in less than 30 minutes. Even less if you’re an experienced sewist!
I’ve done a handful of these quick sewing projects myself, not by choice and mostly because I don’t have time for something more complicated or lengthier. I love sewing and try to set aside some sewing time at least a few times a week (my goal was once a day but life always happens…). And for this reason, I try and pick small projects that I’m able to sew in less than half an hour so I can squeeze some of that wonderful sewing time in my busy schedule. So I’ve sewn these quick sewing projects when my daughter was away for school or she took a nap (not often enough for my taste lol) or did her homework.
Please note that the sewing time I’m talking about here doesn’t include the prep time. For most of my projects I prepare the fabrics and supplies ahead of time, the night before. Some of the projects will take less than 30 minutes but if you’re an absolute beginner, you might want to take things slow (think snail slow) and that would probably add a few more minutes. Nevertheless, these quick sewing projects are super easy and fun and you will enjoy making them all so much!
Get FREE access to my entire resource library!
Signup for updates on new articles, products & special offers and get access to my entire resource library!
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Quick sewing projects
Quickly whip up these beautiful 30 minutes sewing projects on days when you want to get crafty but don’t have the time you wished!
- Super simple fabric flowers – Learn how to make pretty fabric flower to embellish any clothing item
- Adorable lace headband – Lace can prettify almost anything so why not make your own lovely headband in just a few easy steps with this 15 minutes lace headband tutorial.
- Bunny door hanger – If you’re an ultimate beginner sewist who loves simplicity, this super easy and quick bunny door hanger is just the right project for you!
- Scalloped carrot treat pouch – These Easter carrot treat bags with cute scallops are a fun and easy Easter sewing project
- 10 Minutes skirt – Need a quick skirt that’s easy to make, comfortable to wear and looks adorable? Make this easy peasy diy a line skirt!
- Bunny treat bags – These little Easter treat bags are so irresistibly cute and perfect for hiding Easter treats!
- Chicken fabric weights – These chicken weights made with fabric are an adorable way to keep your sewing patterns or fabrics from moving! So easy to make and great scrap busters!
- Fabric yo-yo flowers – These pretty fabric yo yo flowers are super easy to make and a great project for beginners. Also a perfect way to update your wardrobe on a budget!
- Paper bag skirt – Wanna make a super easy but comfy and cute skirt? This paper bag skirt is just perfect for you!
- Simple wire headband – Having a bad hair day? Make a cute and practical DIY Wire Headband and spice up your look!
- Pumpkin trio pincushion – Make yourself a cute pincushion with this quick pumpkin pincushion tutorial! This trio pumpkin stack would also make a great home decor for fall.
- Rope bowls – Turn the humble rope into a beautiful, handy rope bowl!
- Wide leg trousers – These DIY wide leg trousers are so simple to draft, cut and sew, perfect project for beginners!
- Essential oils carrier pouch – Carry your favorite oils in a cute and convenient case with this easy to make essential oil pouch.
- Easy fabric bunting – With endless color choices, Christmas fabric buntings are an excellent way to add color and texture to a room, the easy and quick way
- Towel beach bag – Turn an old towel into a cute and roomy tote bag with this super easy towel bag tutorial.
- Hello Kitty coin pouch – This Hello Kitty coin purse is the perfect handmade gift that won’t take up a lot of time to make and looks incredibly cute!
- Cutlery holder pouch – Dress up your pretty holiday cutlery even more with these adorable pockets
- Basic pillowcase – This pillowcase tutorial is so quick and easy that you’ll be finding yourself making pillowcases for everyone!
- Christmas tree pillows – A Christmas tree pillow (or a bunch of these cuties) is a fun and adorable addition to your holiday decor!
- 30 minutes women’ skirt – This skirt tutorial will teach you how to make your own simple skirt pattern with elastic waist, made for your own body shape and measurements and that will fit you perfectly!
- Valentine fabric envelopes – These adorable DIY envelopes are perfect as Valentine envelopes for love letters but they work just as great as fabric envelope pouches for small gifts or treats for kids!
- Heart fabric bookmark – ! Make your own bookmark for personal use or make a cute heart bookmark as a Valentine’s Day gift for a “bookworm”!
- Bean bag tutorial – This funky DIY bean bag chair is so comfy and easy to make, you’ll want to sew one for each member of your family
- Valentine heart garland – Ready in no time, this fabric garland is a great beginner sewing project that doubles up as a super easy project for the novice crafter!
- Round crossbody bag for girls – Need an awesome gift idea to impress a little girl in your life? Make this cute crossbody purse and she’ll love you forever!
- Adorable bunny pillow – This easy bunny sewing pattern makes an adorable stuffed bunny that could play as a softie for smaller kids or as a decorative bunny pillow for older ones.
- Infinity scarf – Need an easy peasy sewing project that is perfect for the ultimate beginner? Making an infinity scarf is one of the simplest projects you could start with in your sewing journey!
- Knot bow headband – Quickly create a knit headband to match any outfit all year round, from spring to winter!
- Bunny sleep mask – Ready in about half an hour, this cute sleep mask is a great gift idea for Easter!
- Bunny hair clip – This adorable bunny hair clip is fun, quick to make and great addition to a festive outfit!
- Butterfly hair bow – These butterfly hair bows are so simple to make with fabric scraps and are perfect for girls of all ages!
- Bunny banner – Made with fabric scraps, this bunny decor is perfect for kids room but works great as Easter banner too!
- Batwing top from a scarf – Learn how to sew a scarf into a top and make yourself a flattering, comfortable top with this easy and quick batwing top tutorial!
- Fabric keychains – These homemade keychains are super quick & easy to make and are a fun project for beginner sewers!
- Fabric card holder – Need a safe place to store your credit cards, ID cards, business cards and even a little bit of cash when going out? Sew yourself a useful and practical DIY card holder!
- No zipper knit half circle skirt – Put together an amazing half skirt that will fit you just perfectly with this easy half circle skirt tutorial!
- Evening purse from placemat – This fun evening purse is so easy to sew from a placemat or simply a round piece of fabric!
- Triangle fabric weights – These sewing weights are perfect for skipping pins when tracing your patterns but are also cute enough to use as home decor!
- How to add lining to a bag – In this sewing tutorial you’ll learn how to line a bag using the simplest method that works for almost any style of purse!
- Reusable fabric bowl cover – Create personalized fabric bowl covers and tote your side dishes to potlucks and barbecues in style!
- Mini lavender bags – Making lavender bags at home is easy peasy with this super simple DIY lavender bags tutorial! It involves minimal sewing, making it perfect for beginners and it’s a great scrap buster project!
- Lined zipper pouch – Sewing a pouch is easy, fun and practical! Make a bunch of cute pouches with lining using this simple zippered pouch tutorial!
- School supplies organizer – Be ready for any occasion and tidy up with this amazing DIY school supplies organizer!
- Fabric twine kitchen trivets – These super useful homemade trivets are a great beginners project and perfect idea to use up some of those fabric scraps!